Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Day I Wanna Talk About Eternal Sunshine On A Spotless Mind

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!" -Alexander Pope-

This post's for me 2 brothers *and a Sista* who are unfortunately stuck in the whirlpool of love *on contrary to recent beliefs - I am not, yes it has been a long time but no match-making pls*. The millon dollar questions for them both are: (1) Should u be able to erase all the painful memories, would you? (2) Would u do it again should u already know tt it would end in hurt and failure - an out-come you will have no influence over, what-so-ever.

Let me be unstructured and answer both qns in a clump *cant think straight due lack of sleep.. darn PESS camp is in 8 hours*

-Sorry guys, author is really sleepy.. will complete this post after the PESS Camp-


12:13 Am 27th July
Continuing this entry.. running through, in my mind, some of the bits of memories that I hold dear.. I noted that while some are happy, many others are sad. Isn't this what's life is all about? To me a good cry is as good as a good laugh. I wanna taste life in its raw-est form.. to fall deeply in love even if that means giving another the power to hurt u just as deep.. I really don't see the point of holding back and living life conservatively.. that would be like gambling on a coin toss by placing bets both on head as well as tail, true you won't lose... but you will never ever win. Thus I know I ain't ever gg to let anybody take me memories away from me.. cos they are the very things that define who I am and got me to where I am now.

And I would love another.. over and over again, even if I should know tt it would end in failure.. yes.. because my love should not be dependant the ending or reciprocation.. For those in courtship ask yourself:"Would you still say YES if she/he says NO." If you answer is NO.. then maybe its time for a re-think.. cos love is unconditional, its what I feel for you. There might not be an ending, but rite here rite now, u can look the person in the eye and say without flinching "I love you".


PS: Sorry Jedi Masters, will blog abt the Clone Storm Trooper on the next post.. was really really touched so I must write a good post about it =) *lack of sleep has blunted me writing facilities, I wanna do a convincing piece on why kung-fu hamster shld loan me his air-rifle*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how 'bout a third:
would you want to continue something knowing you had erased memories of it before?

-- Z.

10:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home