Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Day I Became Rascal Organiser v1.0 (beta)

2 days in Simpleville and my life expectancy has been reduced by half...erm actually at the rate the kids are driving me nuts, I will probably be dead by next tuesday... thursday at latest. Ever met 30+ kids whose collective purpose in life is to kill their PE teacher? And whenever me *the mo gui jiao lian* managed to tire out one platoon of evil enemy troops, the bell rings and their reinforcements pours in.. fresh legs with seemingly greater dose of hatred in their eyes.. aarrggghhhh.. reminds me of the D-Day landing scene in Saving Private Ryan.

The following are the interesting short takes:

Top ten PE siaming excuses: (1) Menstrual cramps (2) Menstrual cramps *(3) and (4) as well, I am seriously thinking of charting their cycle!* (5) Cher, previously sir always let us play games/read books/go Orchard/stab this knife into ur back during PE lessons (6) Stomachache (7) Cher, forgot to bring PE T-shirt/shorts (9) Headache (10) Cher, I dun wanna run on grass, my shoes will get dirty *personnally this one takes the cake*

There are TWO short-cuts for the 2.4 route round the school.. darn should've smelt a rat when an entire class clocked sub 5 min timing for 2.4.. gggrrrr.....

The boys toilet beside the school hall DO NOT have a shed of toilet paper!!! F**K!!

The bloody floorball ball is not kept together with the sticks. Only AFTER I have ARMED my entire sec 4 class with floorball sticks did i realise that I DON'T know where the ball is... without the ball - the next obvious target, of the ARMED devils, is.... erm ME. Heh luckily i was saved by this nicey gal who got the ball from the ECA room.

I said the Pledge and sang the national anthem for the first time in .. erm... like forever *since young, I have discovered that lip synching to the music is effective in fooling stupid teachers into thinking that I am singing my heart out* Heh I must admit that I sang due peer pressure from me buddy!! Sigh.. but no matter how hard we two try to sing, its impossible to cover up for our 600 lip-synching students.. thus is norm for the Principal or the Discipline Master to request SimpleVille for an encore meaning every morning the students to get to lip-sync to the national anthem twice.

There are two ways to open the staff room door: (1) Stand outside waving frantically looking stupid or (2) Remember the 6 pin code. I prefer the latter method. However as my memory retention period is abt 2 mins, I usually end up doing the former.

The Discipline Master is bloody fierce! Every time he screams at students to tuck in their shirts, I always uneasy check to see if mine is tucked in.

I wanna master "The Glare". Heh i overheard a teacher saying that it is effective against rowdy students.. other methods currently being deployed include (1) Making them stand till their legs break (2) Making them stand on the chair and raise their arms to support the overhead computer projector *I kid u not, I saw this today* (3) Holding them back during recess or after school. (4) Using their PE period for make-up lessons

I realised that if I leave my house 10 minutes later (i.e. 630 instead of 620), the journey will take 30 minutes more!!

3 consecutive periods playing floorball games can kill an old man like me.


Heh there are some silver linings: me HOD is like one of the nicest, most patient and loving teacher I have seen; talking to him, I really feel his love for the kids, which extends to the ultra problematic ones as well. Somehow I feel he relishes the challenge of problematic kids and really really try to help/save those he can. And me Buddy is one hell of a nice guy! I got to be his younger brother *heh technically more like a leech/parasite for these past 2 days, devising defensive strategies against the evil students. Haiz will miss him once his contract ends. Then there's this batch of NIE trainees on practicum phase, nice people *heh in case any of u reading this* ... but i didnt get to interact with them too much.. they sit a little far from me desk. In addition I have 3 wonderful track runners! Seriously, I am hearten by their love for running, and great attitude shown! They are probably the only students who really listened to me for these 2 days. I am probably going to make them my Long/Mid Dist Capt & Sprint Capt.

Oh well me short term goals would be (1) To have more command and control during my PE lessons (2) To be able to get actual teaching done for my Science lessons (3) Form up the track team and set the culture/tone. Hope I get my laptop soon soon!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha...welcome to the world of teachers...

7:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey GTO-wannabe, finding life there tough alr arh haha.. a day in school is like a day in middle-earth hor, you dunno when the orcs will run loose at you :)

all the best la roomie

9:50 AM

 
Blogger alphamale said...

Erm it is GTO-Already-Am hor, have motorbike, super hunky wat else can u ask for.. *Sob* Yes, I feel like frodo... how i wish I can dump the ring to Sam and go back to hobbit land

7:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a random reader who stumbled across ur blog...

interesting entry... never quite saw life from the P.E. teacher's point of view... they were always mean monstrous things who never quite believed u when u told them u had menstrual cramps...
u have managed to humanize them to quiet an extent...

4:22 PM

 
Blogger alphamale said...

Hi there! Erm.. technically us P.E teachers are supposed to be monsters.. heh but i am a trainee monster who gets bullied now and then..

10:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heng i never go into teaching afterall! think i will commit murder on my 1st day in sch..

-JR

5:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home