Saturday, October 14, 2006

I am C31 - 5 [NIE Director's 2006]



Before 2005, all my races last  55 seconds or less... that was till I met Carebear, Whale and Floorballer! *This post shall be short without the usual crap because I am still suffering from immense mental and physical fatigue.. this was no doubt my siongest competition ever*

Year: 2005 9December)
Event: StandChart Marathon
Distance: 21KM
Idiot: Carebear
Prize: Dri-Fit Blue Adidas Sleeveless Top

Year: 2006 (August)
Event: Triangle Run - National Day Commemorative Run
Distance: 30 rds outta 41 rds (700m per round)
Idiot: Whale
Prize: Dri-Fit White Adidas Singlet

Year: 2006 (October)
Event: NIE Director's Relay
Distance: 11 x 2.4 (over 12 hours 9pm - 9am) + 1 25 mins cool down walk
Idiot: Floorballer
Timing: 09:55-09:40-09:47-10:20-10:33-10:40-10:45-11:07-10:49-10:57-11:38
Prize: Luminious Saucony Singlet

Notable Notes:
(1) Joesie won Citedal TWICE
(2) I opened more than 11 packets of MILO
(3) I shit 4-5 times, no doubt thanks to (2)
(4) We used up one giant tube of counter pain!
(5) Haven't pushed myself so hard, so far, so long before... was a little sick for the past week so was a little worried actually.
(6) If I ever again contemplate running anything more than 5km... please chop off my legs
(7) With 6 runners in a team, it translates to about 50 mins rest between runs.
(8) I witnessed amazing sporting feats: Prashan's 7:50 1st round, the MR-25 Cyborgs
(9) I witnessed amazing sportsmenship: My running mate from our closest rival, the VJC Gal, people clapping for each other
(10) I witnessed 3F's amazing class spirit:
- How the few soldiered on as the team got decimated (esp PG, Siok, KENO, JM)
- How Joesie swapped her camera for a pair of runners (hahah the camera was her ring of immunity against running) to help cover for those so bent on killing themselves
- The route was bad due to the long down slopes, the tendency was for runners to lean forward and cycle down without proper cushioning of the impact I was worried for PG's knees and Princess's knees and shin


At the end of the day, this was all worth it cos ..... I got a Luminious Saucony Singlet!!! Hmm I feel like getting a pair of DS Trainers!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey me too. The DS trainers look damn cool. But I thinking of getting a watch with altitude/temp guage and those are expensive too.... I need money.

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Jillinatub said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 AM

 
Blogger Jillinatub said...

On this glorious morning where I should really be buried in my work... reading your blog was a delightful "steal away" for me.. Thanks for the distraction!

5:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Just got back from Nepal! Hmm too lazy to blog nowadays... happy holidays! =)

2:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oi.. u really never blog huh...

ur lovely sleeping partner in nepal..

11:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home